Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 01 Dec 2022 17:48:34 GMT by Alison Hope
Can anyone help!!!!!. I left the UK years ago to live in France. I'm now trying to sort out my pension. When I spoke to the Dept of Works & Pensions about my forecast they told me I'd have to contact the HMRC about my change of address. Impossible to get through to HMRC on the phone, held for 30mins this afternoon then hung up & IMPOSSIBLE to get past the proof of ID on the site (Tell HMRC when you change your address) as I can only provide 1 doc (my passport) as proof of ID. Surely the HMRC site should have something for people who nolonger live in the UK who do not have a UK credit card, recent driving licence etc.... Can anyone or the HMRC please tell me know I am supposed to give details of my new address?
Posted Mon, 05 Dec 2022 16:08:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you are unable to verify online you will need to contact us by telephone or in writing. 

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 09 Dec 2022 12:14:20 GMT by Alison Hope
Thank you for your reply, can you please let me know the address to write to ?
Posted Mon, 12 Dec 2022 11:51:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You can write to the below address.

Pay as You Earn and Self Assessment,
HM Revenue and Customs,
BX9 1AS,
United Kingdom

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.