Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 26 Jan 2022 20:52:17 GMT by Damian Piaskowski
I calculated from my personal tax account for year 6 April 2020 to 5 April 2021 than my total yearly earnings were £13164 and I paid £660 in tax and £940.52 in National Insurance. Tax free allowance £12570 so as it's easy to count 13164-12570=£594 that was my 20% taxable income. So I should pay £118.80 as tax. Also I paid £940.52 National Insurance but using your calculator ( I should only pay £117 of income tax and £431.52 of NI contribution. I fairly think than I overpaid: tax by £543 (660-117) NI contributions by £509 (940.52−431.52). Please correct me when I am wrong and also I really had a worst year ever about my mental health and multiple hospital admissions and I am waiting for 4 months rehab in mental health institution and also I am homeless so I really can't go to work right now and it's a huge struggle to live on £243 of Universal Credit a month so any money would be highly appreciated but if I am owed anything please don't send cheque to homeless accomodation as I will never see it in my life, its really dodgy place. Bank transfer would be ideal. Please contact me by email. Thank you in advance. Kind Regards, Damian.

[Personal information removed - Admin]
Posted Thu, 27 Jan 2022 15:32:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

Sorry, we don't have access to customer accounts on this forum.

You should contact our Income Tax team who can check if you have overpaid.

Income Tax: general enquiries

You can also get help from HMRC if you need extra support here:

Get help from HMRC if you need extra support

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.