Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 07 Oct 2022 07:43:45 GMT by Jimiswells
I became tax resident in Portugal in March 2022. When filling in my 2021 - 2022 return, do I need to to fill in the SA109 form?
Posted Thu, 13 Oct 2022 11:53:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Jimiswells,

Yes, as your residency status changed during the 2021-22 tax year, please complete as appropriate the SA109 pages.      
Use these notes to help you fill in the Residence, remittance basis etc pages of your tax return

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 13 Oct 2022 13:00:44 GMT by Jimiswells
Thanks! Since I'll be paying tax in Portugal and not the UK for years 22-23, can I reduce my payment on account that will be due in January 2022?
Posted Mon, 17 Oct 2022 13:59:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 17


When completing your return, there is a question at the end that asks if you want to reduce them.

You need to give the new figure you expect it to be  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.