Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 04 Apr 2023 16:09:25 GMT by D W
Hi, I will need to pay tax on the interest that has been generated by my savings accounts over and above my PSA. My question is, rather than adjusting my tax code on my employment to gather this tax on savings over the forthcoming tax year, can I pay this amount off in one lump sum? I would prefer to leave my employment income as it is and not reduced by this tax burden.
Posted Fri, 14 Apr 2023 10:07:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi D W

Yes you can do this once the tax due is known, you can pay this via your personal tax account:
 Personal tax account: sign in or set up

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.