Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 20 Mar 2023 13:23:52 GMT by diana bosworth
Hi despite a lot of research I have been unable to receive a straight answer to this question we have superannuation funds in Australia which we would like to bring over to the UK what is the most tax efficient way of doing this? we can not transfer this money to a UK fund it is not QORP the money has already been taxed in Australia scenario 1 for example if we were to withdraw the super of a hypothetical amount of $100,000 and transfer it to the UK - what would be the tax on it? scenario 2 if we were to convert the $100, 000 to an income drawdown account what would be the tax implications of the income drawdown amount? A straightforward easily understandable reply would be helpful please

[Personal information removed - Admin]
Posted Thu, 23 Mar 2023 18:13:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi diana bosworth,

This relates to financial advise which HMRC are not authorised to provide so we cannot advise on what is the best way.

However, for confirmation, the pension would be taxable in the UK if you are a UK tax resdient.

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.