Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 11 Nov 2022 18:06:33 GMT by Gordon Cairns
Having no income, I made a drawdown of £10,000 from my pension and of course HMRC taxed me £2752.06 in error. Of course, no refund was sent through automatically and I was advised in July to fill in a form 55 which I duly did and sent back on the 19th July. Well of course, I did that and to date no payment has been forthcoming despite them agreeing that this amount is owed. Every time I ring I get told the same old thing - yes, we can see that in our system and it should be with you in three weeks!!!! I’d like to know how long three weeks actually takes in HMRC’s world? I’ve spoken to Megan, Nicola, Marie, John and laterally Bess on 8th November and it’s like a long playing record. Can someone actually tell me when something will happen, at what point can I claim for phone calls and my time, and who administers complaints as you guys must have some form of Regulation? The time wasted for one simple place can be at best described as poor and at worst as incompetent.....
Posted Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:39:51 GMT by William
I'm experiencing something similar. I'm due a tax refund for 4 years of missed pension tax rebate. I sent the forms through in May this year and it's still just listed as 'Your form is taking longer than estimated to process'. Every time I phone I get the exact same 'there's no issue with it, it's just in a queue waiting to be processed' from every single person I speak to. I sometimes get a new 'it will be processed by' date over the phone but that comes and passes with nothing happening. Frustrating to say the least!
Posted Thu, 17 Nov 2022 11:32:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Gordon Cairns,

Please see the process regarding complaints here:

Complain about HMRC

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.