Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 04 Jun 2022 08:00:00 GMT by erica wong
Hi. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to ask questions here. It is really useful. I (policy owner) bought an annuity ( You pay a set amount of money today, or over time, in exchange for a lump-sum payment or stream of income in the future.) for my daughter (the insured) for her future use. If both of us become UK residents, who is going to pay the tax triggered by the annuity if I draw the money out say when she is 18 for her use or my use. Thank you
Posted Tue, 07 Jun 2022 09:48:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

It is the policy owner(s) that declares the income .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.