Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 28 Jul 2023 11:34:18 GMT by
I am out of the country and have only just been told I have received a tax calculation refund cheque but that it is out of date. I tried to phone but after 30 minutes the line announced it could not take my call. I would like to reclaim my money but it is proving impossibly difficult to contact HM revenue and customs and writing from the Philippines isn’t a viable option. The phone call cost a fortune too. Please could you help so I can get a new cheque?
Posted Thu, 03 Aug 2023 15:49:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Danguiney78,

We can not access your record from this forum, the only ways to contact the Income Tax department are shown here:
 Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 07 Aug 2023 12:23:38 GMT by
Hi, I am an EU resident and I have received my tax refund for tax year 21/22 on a cheque although they had my bank account number in the UK. Because I can't cash in the cheque I would like to get the refund on my brittish bank account. What is your advice for me? Because of the high prices I can't call the HMRC services. Thank you in advance
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 06:25:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi XYZ17 Jonasson,
If the Tax refund was from the Income Tax Team we won't be able to issue this as a bank transfer now.
You will need to find a way to cash the cheque or write to us to nominate someone to receive a replacement who can cash a cheque.
Thank you 

Posted Sat, 12 Aug 2023 19:10:42 GMT by
hi i am owed a tax refund for overpayment on my PAYE. i submitted my bank details 7 days ago and every time i log back in to check on the progress after 48 hours i have to go through the whole process again. do you think my repayment is being processed?
Posted Wed, 16 Aug 2023 12:24:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi derek moran,

You will need to contact our Income Tax department as this sounds as though the request is not going through.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 16 Aug 2023 20:10:15 GMT by
how do i do that when their phone lines are not taking calls until september and the online chat is a robot?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.