Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 10 Mar 2023 22:19:09 GMT by Jessica Johnson
Hi I am due to inherit a share of my parents' home in Germany. I am currently based in the UK. My sibling would like to start paying me for my share of the house (ca. £500 per month), ahead of my parents' death. We are due to enter an agreement with a Germany lawyer, but they need formal confirmation of the UK tax rules before we can sign. I need to know: - are there any inheritance tax implications for me in the UK - does the situation change depending on where I am (Germany or UK) - what is the HMRC e-mail address so I can contact them and get written confirmation of the above. Many thanks.
Posted Wed, 15 Mar 2023 14:35:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Please refer to guidance at

How Inheritance Tax works: thresholds, rules and allowances

For further assistance, you can contact our Inheritcance Tax team.

Inheritance Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.