Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 31 Mar 2022 13:01:41 GMT by Carla Hobby
The R43 helpline number is being diverted to the PAYE customer service, they have been unable to help. Please can you confirm if R43 forms sent on the 26 January 2022 have been dealt with.
Posted Fri, 01 Apr 2022 12:23:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Carla Hobby, 

To check when you can expect a reply from HMRC, please access the link below:

Check when you can expect a reply from HMRC

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 11:28:09 GMT by ray22
I have lived overseas for the past 17 years and am not a UK citizen but was working at a law firm and received a well earned and rewarded pension only to be shocked to discover that almost RM15k was deducted at source and coincidentally I was born on the 6th April and tuned 55 last year entitling me to same. Am I right in believing that I need to complete a Form 43 and return to you for processing with the proof of what I received. Can I send the form via email and if so to which email address. How long will it take to process as I despertaley need the money during these high living costs days Thank you.
Posted Thu, 02 Feb 2023 10:31:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

As you are not resident in the UK, you will need to check the double taxation agreement between your country of residence and the UK, with regard to pensions, to see if they are only taxable in your country of residence, article 19. The treaties can be found here:

Tax treaties

You will need to complete a DT-individual form, which can be downloaded here:

Double Taxation: Treaty Relief (Form DT-Individual)

You should complete this form and send it to your local tax office in your country of residence. The foreign tax authority will need to verify the form by signing and stamping it. They will return the form to you, so that you can then send it to the following address:

HM Revenue and Customs
Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment
United Kingdom

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.