Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 30 Dec 2022 10:59:15 GMT by nick89
Hello, I'm British but now a tax non-resident having moved abroad and completed my P85. I'm looking to start some freelance consulting work with a UK company and get paid into my UK bank account. I know I will need to declare and pay my tax here in my current country of residency but is there any issue getting paid into my UK bank account? What information would I need to share with HRMC as I'm assuming the bank would notify you of money being received from the UK?
Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 17:20:08 GMT by
Hi nick89,

As you state you are not tax resident in the UK you will not declare the income to the UK unless you want to claim the remittance basis.

Paying tax on the remittance basis (Self Assessment helpsheet HS264)


You must be signed in to post in this forum.