Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 01 Nov 2022 12:49:46 GMT by Danii_C
Hello, I'd like to know if there is anything I need to do (or make sure my old employer needs to do) in this circumstance: I have left my old job (and have my P45) and am starting a new job as my main one, but I have signed a new contract for casual hours with my old employer. I understand my tax code for them should start with BR (I won't be making more than a couple thousand per year, if that) but is that something that I need to highlight to my employer, or will it be sorted automatically? Thank you!
Posted Fri, 04 Nov 2022 12:26:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You should confirm with payroll that they are going to do this and not use the standard code of 1257L.
We would not be able to amend any tax codes until you have received pay from the new employer, and from your 'old employer' under the new contract.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.