Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 09 May 2023 14:29:28 GMT by Pingzhuang Penn
My sister started selling clothes on Ebay and she is doing very well. She will definitely make more than £1000 a year. I know she need to report to HMRC. How about Capital Gain Tax? She is not selling her own old clothes , she is selling new ones, I guess she doesn't need to worry about CGT, instead, she need to know how much tax she has to pay HMRC, please tell. By the way, she is a housewife and never worked before. Thanks
Posted Tue, 16 May 2023 10:10:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

She will not be liable to Capital Gains Tax and the income will be classed as self employment.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.