Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 06 Oct 2022 18:23:37 GMT by Jay24
This form requires me to say whether I am leaving in or arriving in the UK. I'm leaving the UK - for a stint of work abroad - but I don't know when I'm leaving yet. It might be in 2022 or early 2023. Can I fill in a provisional date? Or does HMRC need to have an exact date? Thanks.
Posted Thu, 13 Oct 2022 09:30:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Jay24,

We cannot issue a certifice with a date in the future so the latest date we can give is from the date of the application.

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 15 Oct 2022 23:25:31 GMT by Jay24
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
Posted Sat, 15 Oct 2022 23:33:35 GMT by Jay24
Sorry, I realise I have sent a repeat of my first question. My question should be: If I can get a certificate for the date of application, how do I fill in the question: are you leaving or arriving in the UK? Thank you.
Posted Mon, 24 Oct 2022 11:43:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please note that we require the exact date of your departure from the UK - and as my colleague said, that can't be a date in the future
(which we would be unable to verify).

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 08 Nov 2022 17:25:37 GMT by Jay24
Hi, I sent my online form for a resident's tax certificate on/around 18 October, when will I receive it, and will it be emailed to me? Can you check its status? Thank you.
Posted Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:43:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

A reply will be sent by post. As no personal details should be given on the forum, we cannot confirm if the item has been received and actioned. You should therefore telephone for an update on Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.