Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 24 Jun 2020 09:53:28 GMT by lisa173jones
Requested a tax refund online 18th June (pm) as it stated I had paid too much tax last tax year. It is still stating HMRC is processing your refund and nothing has cleared my account. Does it mean there is an issue with it still stating processing?
Posted Wed, 24 Jun 2020 10:39:01 GMT by Alessandro Araujo
I'm heaving the same issue here
Posted Wed, 24 Jun 2020 13:33:36 GMT by Alan Wilson
Spoke to HMRC this morning all claims from the 9th June have not been payed, there is no timeframe for when this will be fixed. They are under instruction to make no further payments from today as all processed since the ninth are still to be paid
Posted Thu, 25 Jun 2020 00:52:58 GMT by ianodonoghue0
I have the same issue. I requested mine on the 11th. How annoying! I hope they have more information soon as this is a big mess up. The funny thing is though, my partner was given a refund for only £20 and that was paid two days later. Maybe it's the larger amounts they are having issues with?
Posted Thu, 25 Jun 2020 07:31:08 GMT by lisa173jones
It looks like we could be waiting a long time then. They should have some sort of time frame. It would be different if we were tge ones owing money. Mine is over £400 so im not sure. Would be nice to be given an update.
Posted Thu, 25 Jun 2020 08:07:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 11
Hi there.  

There is currently an issue regarding P800 repayments, which we are attempting to deal with as a matter of urgency. We aim to process any repayment claims already made as soon as possible.  

There is no specific timeframe for this to be resolved, but we ask that customers allow up to 10 working days to receive repayments.  

To prevent further customers being affected by this issue, the function to claim a repayment via the Personal Tax Account has temporarily been removed and will be made available again once this issue is resolved.  

We apologise for the inconvenience.  

Thank you.  
Posted Thu, 25 Jun 2020 08:22:56 GMT by lisa173jones
Thank you for the update
Posted Thu, 25 Jun 2020 08:38:45 GMT by Ben_manc
It's just my luck I get my P800 yesterday owing me over £1000 (which would be very handy right now), and there's no way to claim it quickly online and no time frame for a resolution! Can HMRC not just issue a cheque upon request (rather than waiting 60 days) as my bank offers digital cheque processing which would be a suitable alternative?
Posted Fri, 26 Jun 2020 09:06:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 4
Hi,

Issuing a repayment via cheque would be the default alternative to you claiming online, but HMRC is not currently issuing cheques

for P800 refunds due to COVID-19.  
Posted Fri, 26 Jun 2020 10:37:18 GMT by Stephanie
So HMRC are saying there is no way to tell us when we will receive OUR money?
Posted Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:26:56 GMT by lisa173jones
They are saying allow upto 10 working day but I know as per one of the posts on here states they requested theres on the 11th. My 10 days is next Thursday but I am not holding much hope at all.
Posted Fri, 26 Jun 2020 13:01:21 GMT by Antonyjb
I'm also in the same boat. Received a P800 letter and filled the form in online on the 18/06. Still no funds received. I'll stay patient til Monday then I'll look into phoning up. Feel sorry for the people waiting since the 9th.
Posted Fri, 26 Jun 2020 17:23:58 GMT by ianodonoghue0
Yes I applied on the 11th and haven't received my payment yet. Is this right HMRC? And if so why give te ten working days timeline before calling?
Posted Sat, 27 Jun 2020 12:14:41 GMT by Antonyjb
Update - Checked the HMRC twitter this morning. Says the issue has now been resolved and anyone who has requested funds will receive them by 02/07 (Thursday).
Posted Mon, 29 Jun 2020 09:26:29 GMT by lisa173jones
Would anyone know if the message will change on the account from processing to processed once complete?
Posted Tue, 30 Jun 2020 06:31:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 3
Hi ianodonoghue0,
If you claimed this refund via your Personal Tax Account, there was an issue regarding repayment claims made from 9th June which led to a backlog.
This issue has now been resolved and your repayment should be with you shortly. 
You mention the 10 working day timescale, this is the stadnard timeframe we give for BACS repayments from Self-Assessment. 
We cannot progress chase a repayment claim in progress further until we have allowed the standard timeframe for it to be issued. 
Posted Tue, 30 Jun 2020 06:49:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 3
Hi lisa173jones,
Once it has finished processing, your repayment should then show as "issued".
Posted Thu, 22 Oct 2020 11:54:07 GMT by hwilson
Has HMRC now issued all tax refunds? My wife and I both did not work for several months in the 2019/2020 tax year and my wife received her tax refund in June 2020 however I am yet to receive mine. Thanks for any help.
Posted Fri, 23 Oct 2020 11:33:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 4
Hi,
There is no set date for all tax refunds to be issued.  It would appear that we have still to issue yours.  To check your tax position for tax year 2019/20 and/or request a repayment please contact Self-Assessment -

Self Assessment: general enquiries 
Posted Mon, 21 Dec 2020 22:33:54 GMT by Ellie Roberts
Hello. I had a letter in the post back in March saying I over payed tax and that I was to be refunded £900. I had a choice between claiming online or waiting for my cheque that came in 8 weeks. Since I didn’t have a passport I just had to wait for my cheque. It’s now December and I should have had my money back in June. Can anybody tell me why I haven’t had it?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.