Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 28 Apr 2023 14:40:51 GMT by
P6 issued to my employer, changing my tax code to BR. Since I only have 1 full time job, I do not understand why : 1. My Current Employer is not listed as my employer and 2. My tax code has been amended to BR. I have tried calling HMRC, but you cannot speak to a human, I have logged in to the Gateway and my tax code is showing 1257L. Can I please get some help?
Posted Fri, 05 May 2023 09:46:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Tracey,

If the code BR has been issued it sounds like the employment is held as a secondary source of income on our system.
You will need to keep trying to get through to the helpline or write to us.
Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.