Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 07 Apr 2022 07:56:49 GMT by Nana
Hi, I am set to have a temporary summer job starting in July which is currently being processed. I also recently joined Stint and am just waiting to be verified (which usually takes a month) to start working. On Stint I accept part time shifts as of when available, so I won't earn money until I actually do a shift which can take a long time if I don't accept any shifts. I have been advised by Stint not to accept any shifts until after my summer job, then I would send them a P45 or new paye starter checklist. How should I declare this information to HMRC, particularly highlighting that Stint would be my main job?
Posted Fri, 08 Apr 2022 16:42:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Nana,

Employers usually send us through employment details when you are first paid, therefore we wouldn't expect to be notified of the employment by Stint until you are first paid. They are correct in that when the temporary job finishes, you give your P45 to them to allow them to set the correct tax code.

Thank you.
Posted Sun, 04 Dec 2022 00:49:27 GMT by KBoss Daniel
Hi, I am on a dependent Visa, and have a permanent Job. I recently took up 2 other jobs, an additional permanent job (Flexible) and a contract offer. My question is, how do notify HMRC and how do I tell them which should be considered 2nd and 3rd Job. Also , I have asked around, but let me also reconfirm that it doesn't affect my visa and ILR when the time comes???
Posted Wed, 07 Dec 2022 15:19:08 GMT by
Hi KBoss Daniel,

HMRC will be notified by your new employer within 35 days of you starting, or usually when you receive a first pay from them.

Once you have been paid by your new employer, you can contact our helpline so we can review your tax codes to ensure you are being taxed correctly.

We cannot comment here regarding matters around your VISA.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.