Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 29 Mar 2023 07:48:41 GMT by elljay23
Hi, newly retired and I've made two lump sum withdrawals from my pension. Emergency tax was taken as expected on both. I claimed the tax back online after both. After the first I called HMRC and a very helpful lady put me on hold for about ten minutes, explained that the claim was now processed and the refund arrived to my bank overnight. After the second I've called HMRC and been told "It was paid last night, you might need to wait up to five working days to reach your account". That was eight working days ago yesterday. I phoned back and (ignoring the four times I got cut off), the gentleman basically said he had no idea where the claim was and couldn't find out. Then he said he would raise some kind of query to find out where it was and took my mobile number. Then he agreed he could check while I was on the phone, put me on hold and after ten minutes "Thank you for phoning HMR. Goodbye!" !! Anyone got any ideas how to get some action? The HMRC status page says "You should have received a reply by 17 March 2023". Thanks.
Posted Tue, 04 Apr 2023 14:32:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

If you have not received a reply you will need to contact our Income Tax team again.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.