Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 09 Jun 2023 08:47:22 GMT by JT102030
I am a UK resident and citizen. My mother is NOT a UK resident and citizen. My mother will gift me a property overseas. The property does not generate any income - Do I have to notify HMRC of the gifted property? - What is the tax implication if my mother passes within 7 years? And if she passes after 7 years? For sake of clarity, we assume the property will not be sold for foreseeable future and we are aware that there is a CGT liability between the value at the time of gifting and the sales proceeds, if there is a sale. However, our question is limited to inheritance tax implications
Posted Fri, 09 Jun 2023 11:47:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Please contact the Inheritance Tax team for advice.

Inheritance Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.