Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2024 22:23:43 GMT by Peaks
Hi HMRC, I lost my job in July 2023, and haven't found any job till now, I have used the tax calculator and it shows that I have overpaid tax, it is going to be a year without the job and I need the overpaid tax money, is there any way or any help I can get ? There were quite some losses as the company terminated my contract suddenly one day, I had notice period of 3 months, they did not wanted me to work for three months and therefore paid for three months of notice period at the time of termination as a result 1. Even more tax was deducted as three months of payment was done in advance 2. I lost six days of pay that would have accrued if I would have worked the notice period. 3. Since the termination was before 2 years of service all the final payment was taxed. But now I am trying to get any help to get the overpaid tax sooner than the normal time which could be October or after. Thanks
Posted Wed, 03 Jul 2024 11:57:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
Please refer here Check how to claim a tax refund
Posted Thu, 04 Jul 2024 12:17:57 GMT by Peaks
Thank you very much for your reply, I had tried the link you had provided before and checked it again and going through this link takes me to a dead end to this page https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/tax-you-paid/2023-2024/not-yet-calculated Which says :Your Income Tax has not been calculated yet for 6 April 2023 to 5 April 2024 There is no need for you to contact HMRC about this.
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2024 11:28:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
Usually our systems automatically review your tax records for any tax repayment due over the next few months. If you have also recieved any employer benefits/Jobseekers allowance /Incapacity benefit we may still be waiting for this infomration to be passed on to ourselves.If you log onto your personal tax account it may now showing if any tax repayment is due.
Please see link here for further information Personal tax account: sign in or set up .
If still unclear you should contact HMRC using the contact details here for further assistance Income Tax: general enquiries

You must be signed in to post in this forum.