Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2024 19:52:14 GMT by temran
Hello, I am a NOT a resident of the UK. I recently started doing some part time work completely remotely from my non-EU home country for some UK businesses and individuals. I am a sole trader, not a ltd company, but registered my business using a business address system and follow all the laws and regulations. I also earn monies in my home country and since it is salaried, the tax is automatically taken. There is a double taxation agreement between my home country and the UK. I would like to pay the tax for my UK earnings to the UK. I understand that people like me need to use a software to fill in self-assessment tax return and use SA109 form or send it by post. May I please learn whether I would be eligible for personal allowance for the income I earned from the UK? Additionally, I can't find the form SA100 to complete by hand and return by post, could you please direct me where I can download that form? (due to non residency, I am not allowed to file it online I have to do it by post). Thank you.
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2024 11:43:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi temran,
Please refer to guidance at: Tax on your UK income if you live abroad.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.