Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 03 Apr 2022 21:37:37 GMT by Eric WC
Hi, I arrived in UK in July 2021 and my tax code is 1257L. However, at the beginning of my second part time job , the tax code for my first 3 payslip is incorrect and therefore , the income tax is deducted more than usual. I would like to ask, am I entitled to claim back the extra income tax? How can I do it? Thank you! Regards, Eric WC
Posted Tue, 05 Apr 2022 14:15:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

As we are now at the end of the tax year, employers would be sending us confirmation of all pay and tax details for the year.

Once we have this information we start to perform tax calculations for the year, this usually happens from towards the end of June.

If you have overpaid or underpaid we will write to you.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.