Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 23 Apr 2022 07:16:21 GMT by Ccchu Chu
I’m going to Uk with bno visa in Nov 22, but I still have my Hk income until end of next year 2023 but would not transfer to uk as would be used in hk to support my family. I think I still need to pay hk tax. So what do I need to do for UK tax purpose? Is double tax treaty applied in my case? Thanks!
Posted Tue, 26 Apr 2022 15:45:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

The remittance basis is an alternative tax treatment that’s available to individuals who are resident but not domiciled in the UK and have foreign income and gains.

Remittance basis 2021 (HS264)

Alternatively, if you are domiciled and UK resident for tax, you would declare this income from Hong Kong and potentially claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief to avoid double taxation. 

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 27 Apr 2022 13:49:06 GMT by Ccchu Chu
Thanks. So do I need to pay any NI? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 03 May 2022 15:05:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

We can only comment on Income Tax queries.  

Please contact the National Insurance Contributions office with regards to your additional query:

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.