Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 27 Oct 2022 15:33:01 GMT by LMKinnard
Is it possible to check deductions made and pension contributions going back to 1957 - 1966?
Posted Fri, 11 Nov 2022 12:38:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

As the question asked is not specific about the type of deductions made or pension contributions we can not provide you with an exact answer.

If you require how much tax deductions have been made, you will have to contact the Income Tax team, and if the contributions for pension are for contracted out pension contributions, they will have to go to their private pension provider.

Income Tax: general enquiries

The National Insurance office can provide information via a Subject Access Request (SAR), you can write in and provide the following information.

Apply in writing. Include as much information as you can about:
  • what information you need
  • the years you need the information for
  • the reason for the request
You will also need to confirm your identity by sending HMRC your:
  • full name
  • National Insurance number
  • date of birth
  • address history for the last 5 years
  • original signature 
Income Tax and National Insurance SARs should be sent to:

HM Revenue and Customs
National Insurance Contributions Office

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.