Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 06 Oct 2021 09:10:29 GMT by Stephanie
Are HMRC behind in issuing tax repayments for 2020/21. I paid emergency tax on pension withdrawal and still awaiting P800. Spoke on web chat 2 weeks ago and told yes refund due and I would hear in 2 weeks but have heard nothing. Am registered for Government Gateway but it says tax still being calculated. I know says tax calculated June to October but just wondered how many others are still waiting for their money.
Posted Wed, 06 Oct 2021 12:03:07 GMT by AnotherCharlotte
I’m also waiting for my p800 and tax refund. Would be nice to know if HMRC are running behind generally or if I should chase it up.
Posted Wed, 06 Oct 2021 12:30:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 18
Hi,

At this time of year I would advise to contact us to check.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 06 Oct 2021 12:54:39 GMT by Stephanie
If it was us owing them we would have been chased and charged interest.
Posted Mon, 11 Oct 2021 11:24:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 9
Hi, 

We are still in the process of completing all the calculations, some of the records are still waiting for details of untaxed interest for the last financial year from banks and building societies.

If you have any untaxed interest, please get the figures and then contact us again.

Thank you. 
Posted Mon, 11 Oct 2021 15:05:57 GMT by Stephanie
I do not have any untaxed interest, only my pension withdrawal. Who do I contact please?
Posted Tue, 12 Oct 2021 07:39:31 GMT by Stephanie
As advised I contacted HMRC this morning to be told that the timeline for my repayment is 6th December 2021 so some 8 months after the end of the tax year. Absolutely disgusting. The repayment that I am owed is my money and I receive no other income or benefits so is for my day to day bills and living. If I owed HMRC I would be charged interest and penalties.
Posted Tue, 12 Oct 2021 11:28:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If you have no untaxed interest we should be able to do the 20/21 calculation over the telephone see link:

Income Tax: general enquiries .

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 12 Nov 2021 08:11:54 GMT by Andinic Nicholson
Good day all. I have just received my tax refund which is amazing. However I am no longer in the UK and now in NZ. A hard copy cheque arrived from UK into Auckland. Can someone help with my little problem. Thanks in advance.
Posted Mon, 15 Nov 2021 16:17:53 GMT by Caroline S
I too am still waiting for my tax for 2020/2021 to be calculated. When I contacted HMRC I was told to just wait as nothing could be done yet! I was made redundant Jan 2020 and very heavily taxed. I didn’t start work again until Feb 21 & from Feb until the new tax year started paid far too much tax on my new salary. I am expecting a considerable refund. I appreciate this year has not been like a normal year however an update would be nice with some indication of when I will hear something. After all this is my money !
Posted Tue, 16 Nov 2021 10:17:33 GMT by Stephanie
Good luck Caroline S with HMRC giving you any help as I have phoned, written and supplied copy documents and information (as asked for by HMRC) and had web-chat and when nothing happened I complained via HMRC online complaint procedure. I was told it was estimated I would hear by 11th November, guess what apparently due to “technical difficulties” or that HMRC “may be busy” I have heard nothing. I am retired and have no income apart from my pension withdrawal and now been waiting 7 months for my money. Hope you receive an update soon.
Posted Wed, 17 Nov 2021 14:26:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 29
Hi Andinic Nicholson,

Please can you give more information?

Thank you. 

Posted Tue, 30 Nov 2021 08:07:20 GMT by David Crook
I have paid too much tax during 2020/2021 and my final tax code was adjusted to reflect this. I suspect I am waiting on a P800 but as yet have seen nor heard anything from HMRC. The gateway has the 'your tax will be finalised between June and October' message and I saw somewhere that P800s are to be sent out during November. As yet nothing - do we have a timeframe for refunds from last year?
Posted Tue, 30 Nov 2021 14:40:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

I would contact income tax as I would have expected an overpaid calculation to be done by now see link:

Income Tax: general enquiries  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.