Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 24 Jan 2022 09:32:12 GMT by Brambling
I am now living in Denmark having been given residency under the Withdrawal Agreement rules. Not currently working as my Danish partner earns sufficient to allow residency with sufficient funds to be self supporting. My old employer in UK has however offered me some work as a consultant on a self empoyed basis. Were I to accept the offer what would be the tax requirements/implications and would I be likely to be double taxed?
Posted Mon, 24 Jan 2022 15:12:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

If all the duties of this were carried out in Denmark, the income would be reported there if you were a non UK resident.

No action would be needed in terms of reporting this income to the UK. 

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 25 Jan 2022 09:15:50 GMT by Brambling
Duties would involve site visits in UK with some additional reports etc being completed in DK
Posted Tue, 25 Jan 2022 13:42:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you are non UK resident for tax purposes then you would need to report any income earned in the UK. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.