Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 21:15:32 GMT by Amitia Wood
Thanks Admin 8, Could you please confirm that this quote is correct?: " As a National of UK, and as a National and a Resident of Spain, you can have this government pension taxed in Spain". Thank you very much. Kind regards.
Posted Mon, 24 Jul 2023 20:45:30 GMT by Norfolkkayaker1
I am in receipt of a UK civil service pension. I am thinking of moving to and living in the Republic of Ireland. I appreciate that UK government pensions are always taxed in the UK. If I later take dual nationality will my UK civil service pension continue to be taxed in the UK?
Posted Tue, 01 Aug 2023 14:29:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you obtain Irish Nationality at a later date, you can apply for the pensin to be paid tax free in the UK. You would need to provide evidence of the change of your nationality.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 14 Sep 2023 03:22:01 GMT by Richard
Hi I live in Australia and have a small pension and lump sum from my DTI days. I am now retired and I have Australian superannuation, ie, not a pension, a lump sum accrued amount. The application form asks if I have any registered pensions. I am not sure if I am expected to provide details of my Australian fund as it would not be registered. I assume tax will be applied in the UK in any event.
Posted Thu, 21 Sep 2023 13:59:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Richard,

If you are referring to completion of form DT-Individual, you do not have to provide details of any Australian pensions.
We only require details of your UK pension(s).

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.