Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 May 2023 15:16:16 GMT by alolivas
Good afternoon, The Spanish tax authority has asked me to justify the income and taxes paid in the UK in 2021 and I cannot find any form where I can make an official request of the information to HMRC. How can I get a personal tax certificate? Thanks in advance. 

Name removed Admin
Posted Thu, 01 Jun 2023 12:57:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Please refer to guidance at:
How to apply for a certificate of residence to claim tax relief abroad
Thank you.
Posted Sun, 04 Jun 2023 18:46:09 GMT by alolivas
Thanks, but the scenario here is the opposite. I am a tax resident in Spain working for a UK company and the Spanish tax authority is asking for proof of tax already paid in the UK. I have printed out and submitted all the relevant documents found in my HMRC personal tax account but they do not seem to accept those. Is there any other document that I could submit? Thank you in advance
Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 14:17:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Your P60 would confirm UK tax has been paid.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.