Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 19 Jan 2022 11:42:17 GMT by KKC
I am not currently working is not entitled by other means to qualify for credits towards the State Pension. What is the easiest way to pay class 2 NI contributions? I read that I can complete a self assessment tax return. Just want to see if there's an easier way (as I do not have to complete a tax return otherwise).
Posted Thu, 27 Jan 2022 15:23:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

There are a number of reasons you may be able to pay voluntary National Insurance Contributions (NICs).

There would be certain criteria you would need to meet to be eligible to pay Class 2 NICs.

If you were not eligible – you could pay Class 3 voluntary NICs.

You can find more information on paying voluntary NICs here:  

Voluntary National Insurance

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.