Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 27 Jan 2021 16:29:11 GMT by
Hi there, I have a cheque that I should claim last year but I would assume it is expired since it is more than 12months? What should I do? Thanks.
Posted Sat, 30 Jan 2021 13:14:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

You would need to contact the taxes helpline to get a replacement cheque sent. 0300 200 3300.

Thank You.
Posted Wed, 10 Feb 2021 15:25:55 GMT by
Hello, I have similar situation. My cheque also expired. I do not live in Englad at the moment. I live in Poland now. Would you please send me the income tax repayment on my English banking account. I still have one in LLoyds Bank? I could send yuu back the cheque on your address by post (is address: Pay as You Earn and Self-Assessment, HM Revenue and Customs, BX9 1AS correct?). Or maybe you could send me cheque to Poland? thanks in advance for your answer.
Posted Fri, 12 Feb 2021 09:11:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 4
You would need to call the taxes helpline and they could send you a replacement cheque. The contact number is 0300 200 3300.
Posted Thu, 01 Apr 2021 16:49:04 GMT by
Hi, Do they send repplacement cheque to Poland? Or only to address in England?
Posted Wed, 14 Apr 2021 12:45:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Dawid.Bart Bartela,

If you have asked for the replacement to be sent to Poland then it would be,


f you have requested the replacement to be sent to an address in England then it will be sent there.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 16 Apr 2021 15:17:32 GMT by
Can I ask them by post to send me the replacement cheque (I have expired one). Isthe address correct: Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment HM Revenue and Customs, BX9 1AS, United Kingdom?
Posted Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:53:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

That is the correct address.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 22 Apr 2021 11:48:25 GMT by
Hello, I received a cheque from HMRC in the post but I am unsure how to claim this. Can I claim it online? Thank you
Posted Mon, 10 May 2021 06:41:43 GMT by
Hi I received a letter saying I was owed money from 2017-2018 and that the cheque is being sent to Reclaim Now LTD. why is this and who are they? Thanks
Posted Tue, 11 May 2021 14:04:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Reclaim Now ltd are a high volume tax agent who do claims for tax refunds on behalf of individuals.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 12 May 2021 05:37:19 GMT by
Thank you for your reply. I did not ask them to claim for me, so how would they have got my information? I’m worried they have access to my personal details. Does this mean they will keep the cheque? Thanks
Posted Thu, 13 May 2021 14:20:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Joanne HOBSON,

It is possible it could be a PPI claim they would have send you a form to fill out and you would have signed it.

If this is not the case you would need to report to action fraud.    

Reporting fraud and cyber crime

Than you.
Posted Mon, 31 May 2021 07:46:40 GMT by
Hi, I need a reissue as well. Do we have to send the old cheque to be able to get a reissue / new cheque? or calling over the phone would be enough?
Posted Tue, 01 Jun 2021 13:56:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can just call in to request a replacement cheque and just destory the other cheque.

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 26 Jun 2021 20:12:26 GMT by
Hi I have received a cheque for refund. I live in NL where cheques are not accepted and my Uk bank account was closed due to brexit. I specifically asked NOT for a cheque to be issued as I can do NOTHING with it. How can I get my refund? Cheques do not seem very modern particularly for international tax payers.
Posted Tue, 29 Jun 2021 08:13:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 9

Refunds for Income Tax are sent by cheque. If you are unable to cash the cheque you can nominate someone for us to send the repayment to.

Thank you. 
Posted Tue, 13 Jul 2021 10:06:29 GMT by
Hello, my online tax account with GOV Uk says I was sent cheque for a refund but that I should wait 3 weeks. There is no date as to when it says it was posted, so how do I know when the 3 weeks is up? I don’t want it to not arrive but be to late to ask for a replacement
Posted Tue, 13 Jul 2021 12:38:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can check with our Income Tax department when it was issued see link:

Income Tax: general enquiries .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 13 Jul 2021 16:19:38 GMT by julie Richardson
Hi I’ve found out today that a cheque for my tax overpayment has been posted out yesterday can I not just claim it online I have a online personal tax account I can’t understand why a cheque has been posted thanks for your reply

You must be signed in to post in this forum.