Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 23 Nov 2022 14:57:28 GMT by
Hi. I received a message on the 27 of September on my personal tax account saying HMRC owes me and I'll receive a cheque within 14 days. But it has been a long time waiting and my address has been updated. What should I do about this? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 23 Nov 2022 16:04:25 GMT by
Hi I have paid too many taxes in the previous year and HRMC sent me a cheque which I have never received. I have contacted via phone in May, and I was informed that I would receive a new one around summer. Because I didn't receive anything I called again, and I was informed that I would have to wait until the end of November/beggining of December as they sent another request for my cheque. I followed the instructions and wait but nothing was received, so I called again and now I have been informed that I have to wait until January. Is there any other way someone could help?
Posted Fri, 25 Nov 2022 12:10:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi marrie.00 delazeri,

Please contact our Income Tax team to review this.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

Posted Fri, 25 Nov 2022 12:16:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi sanescgo,

When you contact us, we send a request for the cheque to be cancelled and reissued.

We cannot provide specific details regarding your refund as we do not have access to your record from this forum.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 25 Nov 2022 18:03:13 GMT by
Hi. My Mum has received a cheque for a refund on a cashed in pension. She can't bank it because she doesn't have a UK bank account anymore. She has lived in Australia for over 12 years so doesn't have documentation to set up a personal tax account online. The time difference means she can't phone. Is there anything she can do, other than write in to request a reissued cheque with myself as the nominated person?
Posted Sat, 26 Nov 2022 08:18:48 GMT by
Hi, I want to replace my HMRC tax refund cheque uncashed, how many weeks will it take now? I would be happy if I could get your reply. Sincerely, YK
Posted Mon, 28 Nov 2022 11:12:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Sharon Tithecott ,
She would need to write in to request a replacement to a nominated person.

See link:

Income Tax: general enquiries    .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2022 12:37:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Yuichiro Kasama,

If you contact our Income Tax team, we can send a request for a replacement and we will be able to give you an estimated timescale for you to receive a replacement.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you,.
Posted Mon, 05 Dec 2022 12:45:35 GMT by Aldona Reyes Mallet
Hi. I've recently found a few old cheques from HMRC with a tax refund. And when I mean old, I mean like about 8-10 years old. I remember looking for them back then and just assumed that I must have lost them when I was moving house, but just came across them in the recent house move. How can I contact HMRC to request that the cheques are re-issued? I also have a cheque from the beginning of this year than is already expired. Who do I need to speak to to get a new one please? Many thanks in advance for your help. Kind regards, 
Posted Fri, 09 Dec 2022 12:04:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Please write to our Income Tax team and enclose the cheques if you still have them. We can then look to issue replacements.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 29 Dec 2022 20:27:11 GMT by
I have given my address in Uzbekistan for the cheque. Can I change my address to my UK bank address?
Posted Fri, 30 Dec 2022 14:41:39 GMT by
I overpaid self assessment tax in Jan 2021 and April 2021. My accountant said they had requested an online bank account refund. I have not received the bank refund nor have I received a cheque in the mail. What is the process for receiving my funds?
Posted Fri, 30 Dec 2022 15:18:02 GMT by
Is there a time limit in which we can get refund cheques reissued? I have a message on the tax portal that I was due a refund from June 2021 (presumably tax year ending April 2021?). I have no record of cashing the cheque, is it worth me pursuing a re-issue?
Posted Sun, 01 Jan 2023 14:32:02 GMT by
Hi please help , I was sent notification by HMRC that I was due a tax refund and a cheque was being sent to ensign - Enaign have forged my signature on 2 documents stating I have appointed them to receive cheques on my behalf but I haven’t done so . What do I do ?
Posted Mon, 02 Jan 2023 10:28:30 GMT by
Hello, I have received a cheque in 2019, and was unable to cash it, due to Covid and not possible to come in UK go to a UK bank. I need a replacement cheque but can not find the other check. Shall I find it to get a new one? Best regards, (Switzerland)
Posted Mon, 02 Jan 2023 10:41:46 GMT by
Hi, I received a cheque but I can't claim it due to my bank account conditions. Can I request another cheque addressed to another person who has a suitable bank account? To whom should I forward this request? Thank you in advance
Posted Tue, 03 Jan 2023 11:18:38 GMT by
Received HMRC cheque for tax refund unfortunately South Africa no longer cash cheques so the cheque is now useless please help.
Posted Tue, 03 Jan 2023 13:01:48 GMT by
Hello I have a tax refund cheque from 2014. Please advise if I can pay it in or need to get another cheque raised
Posted Wed, 04 Jan 2023 02:40:35 GMT by
Hi, received a letter that was due a tax refund for last financial year and found out online that the refund cheque was sent out on 15th November to my address in Thailand. To date the cheque has not been received based on recent post sent from UK should take around one or two weeks and understand up to three weeks to receive in UK. So now it is around two weeks overdue. What should I do?
Posted Wed, 04 Jan 2023 13:48:48 GMT by
Hi there, received a tax refudn check, however not in the UK or holding UK bank account details, what is best to do please? could a nominated person cash this in for me please, who still lives there and holding UK bank acc. and address details please? thank you in advance


You must be signed in to post in this forum.