Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 15 May 2023 14:09:43 GMT by
I have a repayment of income tax cheque from 2021. can I still cash this in or can I get another one?
Posted Fri, 19 May 2023 14:58:59 GMT by
Hello Hmrc send me cheque on that same time when I send the letter with bank account number to get this back .it’s more easy for me to get this straight to bank account What I should do?
Posted Fri, 19 May 2023 15:29:19 GMT by
How can I contact with different number with Hmrc to get my tax back I was call and I waited 50 minutes I lost all my £15 top up on mobile and I didn’t get to any advisor. Is any different number like 0300…?
Posted Fri, 19 May 2023 15:48:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi katherine seymour,

If the cheque is more than 6 months old you will need to request a replacement by contacting us here - Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 25 May 2023 09:02:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Maciek Szkodzinski,

All the contact methods for the Income Tax department are listed here: Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 25 May 2023 09:57:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Maciek Szkodzinski,

You will need to contact the HMRC team that issued the repayment to check if they are able to cancel and issue as a bank transfe:
Contact HMRC
Thank you. 
Posted Tue, 30 May 2023 22:27:09 GMT by
Hi, I have receive my cheque for my tax but it already expired now unfortunately. I worked in uk but I moved to another country since Covid. Is there any way to receive my cheque via my Uk bank account please?
Posted Fri, 02 Jun 2023 11:27:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
If this was a refund from Income Tax we will not be able to issue it by bank transfer, you will need to contact us to request a replacement cheque. Income Tax: general enquiries
Thankyou.
Posted Sun, 04 Jun 2023 00:47:04 GMT by
Hi. I have a tax refund cheque that is stale now. I live in the Philippines now, can not encash it here. So in June 2022, I wrote a letter requesting it be changed. I gave the name and address of my nephew who lives there, my nominee. It is June 2023 now, not received anything yet. Any advise? Thank you.
Posted Thu, 08 Jun 2023 10:53:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Poca63 Saile
If you have not received a response please resend the letter.
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thankyou.
Posted Wed, 14 Jun 2023 10:55:14 GMT by
Hi. I received a tax refund cheque from when I was PAYE but it already expired . I called the helpline to request a cheque replacement but they said i need to contact the self assessment helpline because now I'm registered as self -employed. The helpline is temporarily closed so i checked my online account and i can't seem to claim it from there either. What should i do?
Posted Mon, 19 Jun 2023 08:30:47 GMT by Phani kiran
Hi, I made a claim for a Tax Refund, obtained my P800 and "HMRC sent you a cheque" is being displayed on my personal tax account but it's been more than 3 weeks( exactly 28 days) and hasn't received the cheque yet. Who needs to be contacted to follow up on my case and what is the timeline to receive the cheque if HMRC has sent the cheque?
Posted Tue, 20 Jun 2023 12:32:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Brenda Monroy,

If the refund was through Self Assessment you will need to use the webchat service or write to us:

hSelf Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 22 Jun 2023 13:43:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Phani,

If a cheque has been issued it should be received within 3 weeks from the date of issue.

If you can't see the date online please contact our Income Tax team.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 26 Jun 2023 16:07:17 GMT by
Hi, I want to register on Income Tax: general enquiries to have a cheque reissued but I have no NIN (I worked from abroad) nor I live in the UK. The NIN on the cheque HMRC sent to me is claimed to be not valid and if I select the "no NIN" option it asks for a UK postcode, which I haven't as I live in Italy. What should I do? Thanks, 
Posted Mon, 26 Jun 2023 17:38:37 GMT by
Hello. I received a tax refund cheque from 2021 when I was PAYE but it already expired (I am currently registered as self-employed). I called the helpline to request a cheque replacement and explained the refund wasn't through Self Assessment, the refund is from an excess I paid while being employed PAYE. How can I obtain a new cheque?
Posted Tue, 27 Jun 2023 10:40:09 GMT by
Hello, I have recently requested my tax refund. I was unaware as it didn't say anywhere on the page that I would receive it via cheque and not deposit. I therefore put in the account number and sort code of my chase account. Chase is an online bank and has no way of accepting a cheque. Will santander accept the cheque? or will i have to contact HMRC for a new one? and if so what is and how long is that processes?
Posted Fri, 30 Jun 2023 14:06:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi AndreaF,

You will need to contact our helpline to discuss this. Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 30 Jun 2023 14:46:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Brenda Monroy,

If the repayment was not from Self-Assessment, our Income Tax department can send a referral to get this reissued.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 30 Jun 2023 15:31:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Vieirakvb,

If Santander don't accept the cheque you will need to contact us for a replacement:-
its currently a timescale of 6 weeks for us to review once we have referred this and can take 3 weeks after that for a replacement to be received.

Thank you,

You must be signed in to post in this forum.