Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 15 Jan 2022 14:33:19 GMT by
Hi there, I have moved to Germany and was advised by letter at the end of October 2021 that my tax refund would reach me within 6 weeks. I have still not yet received it. As I am outside of the UK I am cannot call so email is the only option. Please advise, thanks
Posted Sun, 16 Jan 2022 22:27:09 GMT by
I need to get my cheque from hmrc for tax refund how do I check my status?
Posted Mon, 17 Jan 2022 12:26:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If this was for the last tax year you can check here :

Check how much Income Tax you paid last year   .

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 17 Jan 2022 14:59:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi

Robert Littlewood ,

If you are unable to call I would try our webchat service :

Income Tax: general enquiries .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 18 Jan 2022 08:33:55 GMT by
Sorry I can't find the webchat service, can you provide instructions please? Thanks
Posted Tue, 18 Jan 2022 12:32:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

After checking the webchat service is currently paused, you will need to contact the helpline or write to us.

See link:

Income Tax: general enquiries   .

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 21 Jan 2022 04:20:58 GMT by
Hi Is it possible to get an online transfer instead of a tax refund replacement check? Thanks
Posted Fri, 21 Jan 2022 17:44:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Marco Silva,

If the refund has been issued by cheque we can only issue a replacement cheque.

Thank you.

Posted Mon, 24 Jan 2022 13:54:59 GMT by
Hi. I was send a cheque for tax overpayment in August 2021. I moved to another city the same so i immediately registered for Mail reroute service however there was a delay of 10 or 13 days for the service to be active. I have not received any cheque and i dont have an online tax account. Can it please be posted on my new address? Thanks
Posted Tue, 25 Jan 2022 15:07:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

If you contact our helpine we can cancel the original cheque and send a replacement.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 26 Jan 2022 09:50:53 GMT by
Hi there, I sent a letter to HMRC in November last year regarding reclaiming higher tax relief on my pension contributions. When can I expect a response from HRMC or find out the status of this request?
Posted Wed, 26 Jan 2022 16:18:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 18
Hi,

You should contact our helpline as we may be able to view your letter and update accordingly over the phone. See link below:

Thank you.

Posted Fri, 28 Jan 2022 16:45:00 GMT by
I have a situation also. A cheque was issued for my tax rebate when I changed jobs but instead of being issued to me it was issued to my new employer (also my ex husband) and I know believe he only paid a fraction of it on to me and kept the rest. He has since closed the business. Why was the cheque not issued directly to me?
Posted Mon, 31 Jan 2022 15:08:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 24
Hi,

I would check with our Income Tax department as it is not usual practice for us to send rebates for taxpayers to employers by cheque.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 01 Mar 2022 21:18:12 GMT by
Hi, I have a problem because I received a tax refund check for 2020/2021 and accidentally damaged it. I got a backup check but I didn't cash it because it was no longer valid. On December 1, 2021, I contacted HM Revenue in chat and got a message that the check would be checked and a new one sent out within 11 weeks. Today is March 1 and I still haven't received my check. What can I do in this situation ?
Posted Wed, 02 Mar 2022 17:31:24 GMT by
Hi! I have received a tax refund cheque via postal mail to Uruguay (where you currently live). I don't have a UK bank account. How can I pay in the cheque? Is there any online option? Is it possible to cancel the cheque and ask for an international transaction to my bank account in Uruguay? Or is it possible to transfer the cheque in the name of a friend who lives in the UK? I appreciate if you can contact me by email to solve the problem.
Posted Fri, 04 Mar 2022 11:38:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi ceciliag

We can only issue the refund by cheque, if you contact our Income Tax department.

We can request the cheque is cancelled and a replacement sent to a nominee of someone in the UK who could cash a cheque.

Thankyou.

Regards.
Posted Fri, 04 Mar 2022 15:46:13 GMT by
Hi, I have a problem because I received a tax refund cheque for 2020/2021 and accidentally damaged it. I got a backup cheque but I didn't cash it because it has expired. On December 1, 2021, I contacted HM Revenue in chat and got a message that the check would be checked and a new one sent out within 11 weeks. Today is March 1 and I still haven't received my cheque. What can I do in this situation ?
Posted Mon, 07 Mar 2022 13:35:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Kamil Obuchiewicz

If you contact our Income Tax department we can advise if a new one has been issued or is still waiting to be processed.

​​​​​​​Income Tax: general enquiries

Thankyou.

​​​​​​​Regards.
Posted Tue, 08 Mar 2022 14:11:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi

Kamil Obuchiewicz,

If you have not received a replacement I would contact our Income Tax department, who can check if a replacement has been issued
or give an updated timescale if it has changed.

See link:

Income Tax: general enquiries   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.