Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 29 Mar 2023 13:34:59 GMT by
Hi, I moved out to Venezuela and last year I claimed my tax refund. That was done on the 22nd of June 2022. And the letter is dated 23 of june 2022. I just received the letter (28 of march 2023) and most likely the checks will come during next month. I was reading they are only valid for six months. Is there a way to claim those when they arrive or can I asked to be sent to a friend in the uk so he Can claim for me and then send me the money.
Posted Wed, 29 Mar 2023 15:02:35 GMT by
Hi there, I received a letter at the end of last year stating that I am due a tax refund, however the cheque was sent to Tax Wizzards Ltd, an agency which I did NOT sign up to nor do I have any affiliation with whatsoever. I have tried contacting the agency but have had zero response. I have tried calling HMRC multiple times and nobody can help. This is a considerable amount of money which I really need. How has this happened? Why have HMRC sent a cheque to this random agency without checking my personal details? but more importantly, how can I get this re-sent to my actual home address. Look forward to hearing a resolution soon. Best, Jamie
Posted Tue, 04 Apr 2023 14:57:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Gabriela,

If you write to us you can advise that the cheque hasnt been received and give details of someone you want us to send a replacement to

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 04 Apr 2023 15:41:27 GMT by
Hi I got check to my UK old address but i do live in Poland now, check expired and I know that I have to ask for reissue. my question is Could the tax refund be paid on my UK account?( still hold one) Or haw to nominate person to get check? Thank You
Posted Wed, 05 Apr 2023 12:23:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Jamie,

If HMRC have sent a repayment to a third party, we will have received a document to state this.

If you contact our helpline again we can issue a copy of the document we received.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you. 
Posted Sat, 08 Apr 2023 00:44:06 GMT by
A company named [ details removed by admin] has taken over my tax affairs. At first it was saying I was owed tax from ppi claim. They have had a cheque sent to them which is a tax rebate of mine and nothing to do with ppi rebate. They have kept the money so far. My question is how they became an agent and can just take over my tax affairs. I need to get rid of these people they are scammers. Hmgrc needs to help people like me to get rid of these people as they are now leeches attached to my tax affairs who I do not want. Why are you paying them my well earned money.
Posted Tue, 11 Apr 2023 10:23:30 GMT by
Hello, I'm trying to contact the number 0300 200 3300 to request a replacement cheque, but nobody is answering. It's been more than 30 minutes since I'm waiting to speak with someone. Is there an alternative way or email to write to instead? I've tried with the virtual-assistant-chat as well, but it didn't help and it said there are no operators available for that. Thanks so much for any help. Emanuele
Posted Fri, 14 Apr 2023 09:58:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 20

You will need to write to us to request a replacement and provide the details of the nominee you wish us to send it to.
Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 18 Apr 2023 11:19:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Jasper715124,

If you contact our Income Tax team, we will be able to send a copy of the document HMRC received which will also advise if any repayment was to be sent to the company or just the PPI refund.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 18 Apr 2023 12:29:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi emanuele,

The only merthods to request a replacement is by contacting the Income Tax team or by writing to us.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 24 Apr 2023 15:22:38 GMT by
Hi, my cheque has expired and when I ring it says the service is no longer available. How do I get a new cheque sent?
Posted Tue, 25 Apr 2023 11:52:10 GMT by
Hello. I've recently moved overseas and have, subsequently, been given a tax refund. However, my bank does not take overseas cheques. Could this payment be diverted to my UK bank which is still open?
Posted Tue, 25 Apr 2023 12:57:30 GMT by
I live overseas and have just made my first claim for a tax refund. How will this payment be made? Is it possible to pay the refund into my UK bank account? It feels almost Dickensian to issue a cheque (a cheque? in 2023?) and post it abroad, for me to then post it back to the UK. In addition, the local post service, PostNord, is notoriously unreliable. See also this 2016 page - Does this service exist?? It took me six months to get access to my Personal Tax Account, and it's really frustrating, if not downright bizarre, to now have to fill in a paper form and then be sent a cheque. Perhaps this business process should be looked at again. Better: a No Tax code for overseas taxpayers in receipt of a tiny pension...
Posted Thu, 27 Apr 2023 14:21:32 GMT by Christian28
Hello, Today I have received a cheque, it was issued 24 march 2023. When it’ll expire?
Posted Fri, 28 Apr 2023 14:45:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Edward Bates
You will need to query with the UK bank if you are able to send a cheque to them.
Posted Fri, 28 Apr 2023 14:48:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Ann Priestley
If the repayment is eligible to be paid direct to your bank account, the tax calculation you receive would advise of this and you would then enter the details on the Personal Tax Account.
If it is not eligible for this you will receive a cheque.
Posted Wed, 03 May 2023 06:36:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi phoebemorrissey,

You will need to contact our Income Tax Team by telephone or writing to request a replacement cheque.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 03 May 2023 09:18:26 GMT by
Hello, I applied for the Marriage Tax review and was subsequently awarded a refund. This was on 04.04.23. The message on the Govt. Gateway website said that the cheque was sent on 05.04. 23 - is this timescale even possible? If so I would like to know where the cheque is as I have not received it.
Posted Thu, 04 May 2023 16:30:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Christian28,

The cheque will be accepted within 6 months of the issue date.

Thank you. 

Posted Wed, 10 May 2023 11:00:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Rob Hill,

A cheque can take up to 3 weeks to arrive when issued, if you have not received it contact us here Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.