Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 22:18:59 GMT by Christian28
Hello, I have a cheque issued on 24 march 2023 can I still deposit it or is it expired? Thanks
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 15:26:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Christian28

No this is now out of date and you will need to send it back and request a new one. if you provide bank details we can send it to yor bank account.
Send it to
PAYE & Self  Assessment

Thank you
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 22:37:58 GMT by
Hello, After applying for my P800, I recently received notification that I'll be receiving my refund, but it's concerning as HMRC supposedly sent it by post, which I find challenging to receive in my country. Today, I called to inquire why I can't receive the amount directly into my UK bank account instead of a check, which seems unlikely to reach me. My request was based on the positive experiences of other customers who made similar requests and HMRC’s portal. So, why can't I be assisted similarly, especially since I'm overseas, and receiving the amount in my UK bank account would be more convenient? I need assistance.
Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 11:52:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Alexandra,

You would need to contact our Income Tax team to see if the repayment can be made to your UK bank account.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 12:33:15 GMT by siukilaw2 Law
Hi I have received a cheque for Tax refund. However my cheque name is recorded wrong from my employer which is different to my official ID. Can I get my refund in my bank account?
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 08:21:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
You will need to contact HMRC to review and reissue:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 04 Apr 2024 09:30:11 GMT by DDRRSS93
Hello, I need help with a cheque nominee set up. I left the UK and got a communication on the HMRC app that a tax rebate cheque has been issued to my new Spanish address on 12 Feb 2024. The cheque never arrived. I have been calling HMRC for nearly 2 weeks but I cannot get through, at first I waited for hours without getting to an agent, and now lines are closed. I need help to set up a UK nominee to receive the cheque on my behalf. I submitted a complaint hoping to get your attention, support and a resolution. HMRC customers should not have to do that to get help. Looking forward to getting a response and help here.
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 10:21:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will need to write to us, please include your National Insurance number, your name and your address. You need to include your signature, the date and include the repayment amount and the year the repayment is for. You will need to include the name and address of the nominee to receive the replacement repayment.
The address to send the letter to is:

Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment,
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom

The address, if originating from outside the UK is:

HM Revenue & Customs
Benton Park View
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE98 1ZZ
United Kingdom

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.