Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 01 Feb 2024 14:05:15 GMT by
I recently started to take my second works pension and the provider has been given a tax code. My first pension is for £6950 p.a. with a tax code of 898LX and my second pension is for £10,850 p.a. with a tax code of 282TX. Will tax codes be automatically updated for the new tax year to refelect the fact that currently the largest part of my personal allowance is being allocated to my smallest pension - meaning I have unused personal allowance on the first pension and I will over pay tax on my second pension ? I appreciate I will be due a tax refund for this tax year as it is the first year of my pensions but I want to be sure that I have correct tax codes for the new tax year starting in April.
Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 09:57:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
If you have an online account:
Personal tax account: sign in or set up you can update your income details to amend the tax codes, otherwise, if you contact HMRC we can review/update your tax code:
Income Tax: general enquiries

You must be signed in to post in this forum.