Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 16:47:39 GMT by Jan Stindl
Dear all, I stopped working for a UK company in July 2023 and moved back to my home country in EU full time. Few days ago - I received a confirmation via my personal tax account about my income tax refund for last year and that I am going to receive a cheque. But that is unfortunately completely useless for me. I do not have an account with a UK bank, that would enable me to cash such a cheque. Selecting a nominee is also not an option for me. I have a colleague from the same company, undergoing the exact same change, leaving the UK and he was wired the money to his overseas GBP account...5 days...no issues. I need to arrange the same. I spent 2 days now trying to get help via HMRC helpline, the line was always disconnected at 1 hour and 5 mintues of calling time after spending 50 minutes on hold. This is getting really frustrating - please tell me how can I get this done. I am able to provide typical GBP transfer data...account number, sort code, bank name and adress in London (Revolut). Please help. Thank you
Posted Thu, 09 May 2024 05:24:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Jan Stindl,
If you would prefer not to contact us by phone to arrange this, you can contact us by webchat or post, here:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.