Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 03 Oct 2022 11:21:32 GMT by Captain Barnacle
For the tax year just ended (2021-22), I have calculated via self assessment I need to pay additional tax due to a bonus payment. Can I retrospectively pay additional money into my pension to reduce my taxable income or is there nothing to be done once the tax year has ended?
Posted Wed, 05 Oct 2022 09:35:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Tax relief for pension payments can only be given in the tax year in which the payments are actually made so you now cannot claim relief against
the last tax year   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.