Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 26 Nov 2022 12:23:07 GMT by km2022
I'd like to transfer money from my personal bank account in Greece to my personal bank account in the UK. I live and work full time in the UK and my tax residence is the UK (dual citizen of Greece and UK). The money in my Greek account are from inheritance when my father passed away (that was before I started working in the UK ). I did't have to pay tax to the Greek state as the inheritance received wasn't high enough to be taxable according to the Greek tax rules. Also the Greek bank account pays no interest. Do I have to declare the transfer to HMRC and will the tranfer be subject to tax?
Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:30:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You do not have to declare the transfer of the actual capital but you will need to declare any interest or dividends that this then generates .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.