Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 08 Jun 2023 16:11:35 GMT by R F
I have received dividend payments from Swiss shares held in an ISA (I am UK resident). Swiss authorities have withheld dividend taxes on these, but I have seen online I could claim a refund by submitting a Form 86. Am I allowed to request such a refund even if the shares are held in an ISA and thus no UK taxies are paid on the dividends?
Posted Tue, 13 Jun 2023 12:26:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Yes. This is special witholding tax that can be refunded by the UK rather than normal witholding tax that you can only claim as Foreign Tax Credit Relief. If you are submitting the form 86, the Swiss authorities will refund this and it should not be claimed from the UK.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.