Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 26 Jan 2023 10:53:01 GMT by Superdean01
Hi. After 22 years living and working in the UK, my husband & I would like to retire in Canada (we are both Canadian citizens). I have a UK bank account which I intend to keep after we have moved in order to accept my monthly pensions (UK State Pension plus a defined benefit pension). I expect to start paying Canadian income tax on my worldwide income after I move. Will I also have to declare my UK pension income to HMRC on an ongoing basis? Will I be stuck with duplicate taxation? Alternatively must I cut 100% of all ties including bank accounts when I move to avoid duplicate tax? Thanks
Posted Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:00:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see guidance here:

Tax on your UK income if you live abroad

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.