Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 18 Jan 2023 20:13:11 GMT by gasparfdez
I have lived in the UK for 8 years and I was granted RSUs in the last 2 years, these RSU have a vesting schedule like 20% every year for 5 years. When I was in the UK, every time some RSU got vested I paid taxes and National Insurance on them. Then I moved to Spain two years ago, working for the same company so I kept my RSUs. Now as a Spanish resident: 1.- Where should I pay taxes for those RSUs that I was granted in the UK that are now vesting while I live in Spain? 2.- Should I pay NIC in the UK when they get vested? Or should I pay that in Spain?
Posted Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:02:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

As you are no longer resident in the UK, they are not taxable in the UK. You would need to contact the Spanish tax authorities or seek the advice of a financial adviser.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 23 Jan 2023 16:52:17 GMT by gasparfdez
Thanks for your prompt response!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.