Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 18 May 2022 20:40:59 GMT by David Wallace
In the 2021/22 tax year I a) changed job which resulted in an over-payment of income tax, b) had a relief at source pension for part of the year, c) had salary sacrifice pension for the final 3 months of the year, d) paid money into a SIPP with the 20% tax relief claimed automatically. Because I am a 40% tax payer, this means I need to claim money back from HMRC for a) tax over-payment, b) higher rate relief on my relief at source pension, and d) higher rate relief on my payment into my SIPP. What is the simplest way to deal with all these rebates in one go? A letter to HMRC, or voluntary self-assessment? A letter to lay out the whole calculation of the above is going to get very long winded.
Posted Thu, 19 May 2022 13:44:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 26

As none of these are Self Assessment criteria, we would not advise you to complete one of this.

You can provide the information to our Income Tax department by telephone or in writing:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.