Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 06 Jul 2022 20:43:53 GMT by Abhijit
I am moving abroad 5 days later. Being retired & going abroad, I need to complete a P85 form for tax refunds etc and can only do it after I leave UK. How can I do that as Government gateway sends an access code in my mobile number and I wont have that number anymore after leaving UK.
Posted Thu, 07 Jul 2022 14:39:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 28

You can submit a paper version of the form.

Please see guidance at:

Get your Income Tax right if you're leaving the UK

If you are in receipt of pensions the P85 may not apply and you may want to review

Please see guidance at:

How Double Taxation Treaties affect non-UK residents with UK income

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.