Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 31 Aug 2022 10:50:57 GMT by Rachel Herring
I live in England and would like to submit an application for tax exemption in Germany on the grounds of the double taxation agreement between England and Germany (Application according to Section 50d EStG for a certificate of exemption and/or refund of withholding tax for licensing fees and similar remuneration on the basis of the double taxation agreement between the Federal Republic of Germany and (not EU/EEA Countries)). How and where do I submit this form to the tax authorities in England? I have been told I can submit it online but I can't find out how to do this. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 11:20:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can request a certificate of residenc in the UK online at :

How to apply for a certificate of residence to claim tax relief abroad

You can apply using the 'online service', which is quicker than 'email a form'. 

You can then send the certificate of residence to the Germans tax authorities in support of your double taxation claim.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.