Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 25 Nov 2022 16:34:09 GMT by Graham1
Many months ago, i received a Simple Assessment form, which was wrong, and i contacted the HMRC, and was informed to send in the correct figures, which i did. 2 Months later i received another Simple Assessment with new figures, and a letter stating that my Complaint was closed. These figures are again wrong, so i sent in new figures on September 9th 2022. Having heard nothing from them after over 2 months, today i rang HMRC, and after waiting 35 mins, was answered by HMRC staff member who asked me to hold the line, as he wanted to check my Records. 2 minutes later the phone call was ended. I am desperate now, as a pensioner of 78 years old, knowing full well, that my figures are right, and under no circumstances will pay what HMRC is asking, as those figures are wrong, what do i do? Graham.

[Display name amended - Admin]
Posted Mon, 28 Nov 2022 13:35:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

I apologise for the issues you have had getting this corrected, however you will need to contact our helpline again.

See link:

Income Tax: general enquiries   .

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 17 Feb 2023 11:16:47 GMT by Simply Green Green
Following my call to query an unpaid tax demand (simple assessment), that did not resolve the issue, I wrote with the same query. I received a reply today, giving me no additional information, and inviting me to call. An hour's wait (being told my call is important) and no pick up is unacceptable as I cannot put my day on hold. I cannot email queries, I cannot get through on the phone. I am not refusing to pay, but I need to know how the calculation was made, and why the amount I am being asked for is more than the tax allowance stated. I know you will ask me to call again, but using this forum as a record of my dissatisfaction with the service I am being asked to accept from HMRC is how I am dealing with my frustration today.
Posted Sat, 30 Sep 2023 13:18:14 GMT by Ninfakamus G
Hello a few months ago I have also received a letter stating I underpaid tax I believe when I was a supply teacher. I have rang (45minutes) to talk to an agent and check the possibility to set a payment plan as currently I am caring full time for my husband. We spoke on the phone and was advice to hold on the line when suddenly the call was cut off!!!. As I mentioned I can’t afford to ring and be another 45 or more in the phone. When checking online on my tax acc. The overdue bill has simply disappeared and today I have received another letter asking me to make a full payment or else! I have been paying what I can afford online and still can’t find an effective way to reach out. It is quite frustrating

You must be signed in to post in this forum.