Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 28 Nov 2022 19:57:52 GMT by Mujja
Did anyone in this thread get anywhere when contacting support? Anyone still waiting?
Posted Thu, 01 Dec 2022 10:20:36 GMT by Pablo
Hi, I am awaiting for more than 2 years a refund from HMRC; could I know how the repayment supplement is calculated and what interest are applicable? Thanks!
Posted Mon, 05 Dec 2022 15:25:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

A repayment supplement is calculated from 31 January following the tax year the repayment is for. The rates were 0.50% until 15 August 2022 then 0.75% until 11 October 2022 then 1.25% and 2% from 22 November 2022. Those rates are yearly but they are calculated daily.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 12 Jan 2023 18:19:06 GMT by Simon Bardwell
I’m am literally on my knees waiting now for nearly 6months for my £30k tax rebate. No one ever contacts me with updates and every time I contact you it gets pushed away further. I need clarification of when I will get this as currently as things stand for me I owe money to suppliers and I have enough money for one more month of living. After this I will have to sell my car to pay my mortgage and utilities. Please will someone help.
Posted Tue, 17 Jan 2023 14:35:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

We are unable to check your record from this forum, you will need to contact our Self Assessment team for any queries.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 24 Jan 2023 11:52:09 GMT by MH76 Hofri
Request for an £11k repayment raised on 24th of Nov 22. After 4 weeks and no repaiment I called HMRC who said that my request was undergoing 'additional security checks'. When asked what these were so I can help clear them no explanation was given. The lady I spoke to that day said that the monies will be paid by the 28th of Jan 23 latest OR HMRC will be in touch to gather additional information if need be. As i have not received the money or been contacted by HMRC i called HMRC today (24th of Jan 23). The lady i spoke to said that the 'security check team' has now moved the date to 03rd of March as they needed 'more security checks' . No explanation whatsoever, from that team, as to what the hold up was. I have bills to pay and will be out of job by end of Feb 23. If paid by the 3rd of March that will be 14 weeks after i have raised the online request. The delay, the keeping the tax payer in the dark as to what the issue is, is unacceptable in my opinion especially as inflation is creeping and people are being laid off almost daily. HMRC has my personal mobile number, email and home address. Nothing is preventing them from contacting me if their is a concern preventing the repayment. I am a UK resident, citizen and tax payer. I am, for now, an employee and bank with a UK bank. I am the most straightforward repayment case i can think of yet has to undergo 2 sets of 'security checks'. I have raised a formal complaint. Keen to hear from this forum if they managed to get traction in any other way.
Posted Tue, 24 Jan 2023 13:37:12 GMT by vtwin
tax return updates in May 22. Chased in Sept, Oct and eventually in Nov I'm told I have 'BY' code on my return indicating bankrupcy. I've never been bankrupt. Escalation sent at all three points of contact but I'm told I cannot speak to the department direct. Sent official complain 6th Dec and receive a "we have your complant" text 14th Dec. Nothing since. There surely cannot be a department within a Government body, dealing with such a personal issue, that you cannot contact directly, surely? Advice on where to go from here please?
Posted Fri, 27 Jan 2023 12:12:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi vtwin,

If you have not received a response from the complaints team, please contact our helpline so that we can send a referral to complaints: 

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you. 

Posted Sun, 29 Jan 2023 08:55:34 GMT by Antony Rosser
Does anyone know why personal tax returns for 2021-2022 are still not calculated yet? The latest info I can see says 'We aim to calculate your Income Tax by 5 April 2023. Your Income Tax will be updated when that happens'. I know the gears of government grind slowly but a full year to complete simple basic tax returns is a joke and not a funny one at that!
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 13:57:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Antony Rosser
If you do not complete a Self Assessment tax return, you will need to contact us to check why this has not been done so far.
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thankyou.
Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.