Hi, I have a mutual fund in the US that has paid a 'capital gains distribution'. I haven't sold any shares or anything myself, it's just a distribution the fund has made at the end of the year to all shareholders that are then automatically reinvested in the fund. How are capital gains distributions from USA mutual funds treated in the UK for tax purposes? Do you report them under 'Other Overseas Income and Gains' or Foreign Dvidends or are they considered Capital Gains? I called HMRC and they said to list them under foreign dividends but I'm worried I didn't explain what I was talking about well enough and that was the wrong advice. The tax due is different according to how they are reported so I want to get it right. The mutual funds are a non-reporting fund. Thanks in advance for any advice.