Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:38:49 GMT by
I received a tax code notice adjusting my tax code for 22/23 to reflect estimated tax owed for that tax year and which was collected by 5 April 2023. Do I need to include this at box 7 of my self assessment return (which states "Underpaid tax for earlier years included in your tax code for 2022–23 – enter the amount shown as ‘amount of underpaid tax for earlier years’ from your P2)? I assume not as is an estimate only and does not relate to earlier years, just 22/23, but grateful for any advice.
Posted Fri, 17 Nov 2023 12:10:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi shof34321,
No, as from what you have stated it was an in year adjustment and not taxed owed from an ealrier year.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.