Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 09 Apr 2022 21:15:20 GMT by Surplus Yuem
Dear HRMC, I am not sure if I need to complete a SA or if any other action is needed for my case. Background: -I had never been a tax resident before, and migrated to London in Nov 2021. -I had followed the Statutory Residence Test (SRT) and determined myself as a non-tax resident in 2021/2022 tax year. -I am now working in London and paying salary tax through PAYE. -I do not / did not own any UK property or Land. The only capital gain based in UK was from some mutual fund (which tracks US index) in London stock exchange. As I run thought the SRT myself and never confirmed with any HMRC parties. I am not sure if I need to submit the SA as a record for my assessment on SRT or other tax implication. Please advise if any action is required for my case. Thanks for your help.
Posted Mon, 11 Apr 2022 20:12:57 GMT by Surplus Yuem
Dear HRMC, Can you please advise on my enquiry ? I would like to know if I need to confirm my SRT assessment with any HMRC parties . Thanks for your help in advance.
Posted Tue, 12 Apr 2022 08:00:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you are satisfied that, having followed the SRT, you were non tax resident in 2021/22, you do not have to complete a 2022 Self Assessment tax return.

However if you are in any doubt about your residency status in 2021/22, please complete a 2022 Self Assesment tax return, including the Residence and
Foreign pages:

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.